SEAWEED - WHEN THE FABRIC MEETS THE OCEAN
When most people think of sustainable textiles their mind goes straight to cotton, hemp or bamboo but there´s the constant search for other alternatives. Seaweed - the plant you know mainly from the beaches and Asian cuisine serves as an amazing foundation for fabric production, too!
SeaCellTM is a high-tech, patented eco-friendly process, developed by the incredibly innovative teams at SmartfiberAG and Lenzing. The process, which takes place at Lenzing in Austria, “embeds the seaweed firmly within a natural cellulose fiber resulting in the positive properties of seaweed being permanently preserved within the fiber.”
WHY YOU´LL LOVE IT?
- It is incredibly soft!
- Lightweight and highly breathable
- Perfect for sensitive skin; no itching or irritation from this fabric
- Maintains a high level of antioxidants even after washing
- Closed-loop production with fibers that are produced from sustainable materials
- Follows sustainable harvesting practices
- Biodegradable - While you certainly will not want to discard any product made of SeaCellTM, you can rest assured that if you do, it will not sit in a landfill for years to come
- All fibers that go into SeaCellTM are certified with Oeko-Tex standard 100
We´re happy to announce you can find this special seaweed collection on our marketplace. This comfortable loungewear feels like your second skin, and some styles are unisex! Boyfriend´s t-shirt gets a new meaning :)
Check this unique pieces out and choose your favourite one at YUUGEN store!
Danielle Mazurek, Maja Paluchiewicz
Graphics: Maja Paluchiewicz